Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rumballs


My first time making rumballs. I've never actually had a rumball prior to this occasion...

According to my husband (who has had rumballs before), these weren't bad. A bit on the dry side but not excessively so - an extra splash or two of rum would take care of that problem with no ill-effect. More rum? Yes please!

I'll probably try a different recipe next time, just to see what's out there. Hey...do you have a recipe I could try?

Rumballs
*no source cited because I can't remember where I got the recipe...*

2 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup spiced rum
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 cup crushed almonds

Sift cocoa with 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Stir in the rum and syrup. Add crushed wafers and nuts; mix together thoroughly.

Form into balls and dredge with remaining powdered sugar.

Liked something? Didn't like it? Questions? Leave a comment!

or

Stalk me on Twitter!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I have never had those either, they certainly look great. Merry Xmas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...